Thursday 29 April 2010

Horses&Dreams

I just came back from volunteering at Horses&Dreams. An equestrian event that takes place every year in Hagen aTW. The town is located just south of Osnabrueck, in the province of Niedersachsen in Germany. Each year a different country is chosen to be the guest of honour. 2010 was the turn of Mexico. It was chosen because the country is celebrating the 200th anniversary of its independence (well the beginning of the fight for it).

I spent most of my time manning the booth of the Mexican association that I volunteered for. I did manage; however, to see a bit of the competition. I had seen some on TV but being there was a completely different story. I gasped along with the public when a rider who was doing so well almost knocked down an obstacle. I felt sorry for the one who couldn't really control a "strong-willed" horse that refused to follow his orders.

I saw people singing and dancing to the mariachi tunes, German dressed up on Mexican attires. It was a very interested event and highly recommended if you like equestrian sports; otherwise, it might be out of your league.

No comments:

Post a Comment