Monday 29 March 2010

The Fireside II

The Fireside is probably one of the cosiest places in Halifax. The first time I went there was in the middle of a cold and damp winter. My friend had the good idea of grabbing a bite before going to the cinema and I indulged myself on a cheese and broccoli cream. It was pretty good and help me forget the minus 20C outside.

After a few more visits I became a regular at the restaurant. It's an excellent place to meet with co-workers after a busy day at the office; to go for drinks with your friends; to impress a date or to savoured some of the delicious dishes. My favourites are the portobello burger and the seafood crepes. It's also a nice place to be on your own. I have sat there during the busy Christmas holidays to write cards and didn't feel lonely at all.

I love this place and I'm so looking forward to going back during my next visit to Halifax!

No comments:

Post a Comment